The Royal Historical Society assumed responsibility for the online supplement to E. L. C. Mullins’ Texts and Calendars: an Analytical Guide to Serial Publications (covering publications since 1982) and for the Stevensons’ Scottish Texts and Calendars (covering publications since 1985), all previously maintained by the Historical Manuscripts Commission. These are important guides to the publishing output of national and regional record societies in the UK.
The Society’s Library also holds most of the publications issued by these societies, which are available for reference purposes to the membership. Details of publications may be found on the individual societies’ websites and also on the Bibliography of British and Irish History database. Society publications listings, in addition to links to society websites and contacts, may be found on these geographical pages:
- National History & Record Societies
- English Regional History & Record Societies
- Irish Regional and National History & Record Societies
- Scottish Regional and National History & Record Societies
- Welsh Regional and National History & Record Societies