The Royal Historical Society represents the interests of historical researchers in universities, libraries, archives, museums, and independent researchers.
We currently have a worldwide membership of over 4,300 engaged in researching, presenting and publishing history.
Annual subscriptions paid by the membership are essential to sustaining our work and supporting our activities.
All Members and Fellows are entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Copies of Transactions.
- Copies of the RHS newsletter.
- All other RHS publications offered at a substantial discount.
- Regular electronic mailings about the activities of the RHS and our partner organisations.
- Eligible to participate in all RHS public meetings.
In addition, Fellows are entitled to:
- Vote in all RHS elections.
- Stand for election to the RHS Council.
- Use the letters FRHistS after your name.
- Use the Society’s Council Chamber for small group meetings (on application to the Executive Secretary)
Becoming a FellowHistorians who have published original research or made other substantial contributions may become Fellows of the RHS.
Becoming a MemberAll those actively engaged in historical scholarship and research may become Members of the RHS.