Date / time
29 September, All day
University of Leeds
Gordon Forster (1928-2017) was the founding Editor of Northern History. A one-day colloquium will be held in his memory on 29 September 2018 at the University of Leeds. This colloquium aims to showcase new research on the history of the North, drawing attention to new findings and approaches. The papers will cover a variety of topics and historical periods from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century, reflecting Gordon Forster’s wide-ranging interests.
- Dr Andrew Hopper (University of Leicester)
- Professor Richard Hoyle (University of Reading)
- Claire Martin (University of Leeds)
- Graham Rawson (University of Leeds)
- Dr Michael Spence (University of Leeds)
- Dr Victoria Spence (University of Leeds)
- Dr Sethina Watson (University of York)
For more information on the programme and on how to register, please visit: https://newapproachestothenorth.wordpress.com/.
There will be postgraduate travel bursaries available, for more information please email NorthernHistory@leeds.ac.uk.