Transactions since 1872
In February 1872, Charles Rogers, founder of the Society, wrote of its intention to collect and publish the first papers, or transactions, presented to Fellows covering the years 1869-71. The first volume of Transactions appeared in 1872 with the purpose of recovering ‘from recondite sources … materials which might illustrate the less explored paths of national and provincial history.’
150 years on, Transactions publishes research articles, commentaries, provocations and round tables submitted by historians worldwide. The 2022 volume of the journal provides more on the journal’s history.
To browse an article-by-article listing of the journal, by series, click on a link below:
- TRHS Sixth Series (1991 to the present)
- TRHS Fifth Series (1951-90)
- TRHS Fourth Series (1918-50)
- TRHS Third Series (1907-17)
- TRHS Second (New) Series (1884-1906)
- TRHS First (Old) Series (1872-82)
- For permission to reproduce copyrighted material from pre-1993 volumes of Transactions please contact the RHS Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For permission to reproduce material from post-1993 volumes and all digital permissions please contact the Rights Department at Cambridge University Press.
- Authors of papers in Transactions wishing to reproduce their own work in subsequent volumes should also email Cambridge University Press.