From the end of August, we will be extending the range of benefits available to all Fellows and Members of the Royal Historical Society. These will be in addition to the current set of benefits available, by category, to Fellows, Associate Fellows, Members and Postgraduate Members.
The new benefits provide online access to the archives of RHS publications, and include:
- Online access to the current issue and searchable archive of the Society’s journal Transactions of the Royal Historical Society. The archive, available via CUP’s Cambridge Core platform, includes 144 volumes and more than 2200 articles, published between the journal’s foundation in 1872 and the early 2020s.
- Online access to all 325 volumes of the Society’s Camden Series of primary source materials, including the latest titles published in 2021 and 2022, again via CUP’s Core platform. Since 1838, the Camden Series has made primary records available in accessible scholarly editions, compiled and introduced by specialist historians. The Series is especially strong in material relating to British history, including the British Empire and Britons’ influence overseas.
Other benefits available from late August 2022:
- 30% discount on purchases of print copies of the Society’s New Historical Perspectives book series, offering monographs and essay collections, and produced in association with the Institute of Historical Research and University of London Press.
- 20% discount on print subscription to History Today, Britain’s leading history magazine (£52 per annum, usually £65 full price)
- 20% discount on online subscription to the archive of History Today (£56 per annum, usually £70 full price).
Following requests from current Fellows, with the introduction of full online access we will also offer the option to ‘opt out’ of the annual print copy of Transactions, starting with the November 2022 volume.
Current Members of the Society will be notified in August when these benefits become available.
In the coming 12 months, the Society expects to offer further membership benefits, including:
- Access to a new ‘Fellows’ area’ on the Society’s website, providing curated content, a self-service membership subscription portal, and directory of Fellows’ research interests to enable scholarly exchange.
- Inclusion in and access to a directory of Fellows’ Research Interests.
- Additional discounts to partner publications and products.
Applications to join the Royal Historical Society are welcome at any time. The next deadline for applications is Monday 22 August 2022.