Date / time
6 June - 7 June, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bath Spa University
Recent referenda and elections have made the uses and abuses of the ‘will of the people’ a pressing public issue.
This two-day conference seeks to explore the ways in which the ‘voice of the people’ has been constructed, used, and represented in modern democracies and pre-modern political systems.
The conference will include a public roundtable discussion at the Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institute.
- Prof. Andy Wood, University of Durham
- Prof. Elaine Chalus, University of Liverpool
- Dr Daniel Hucker, University of Nottingham.
Public roundtable speakers:
- Dr John Rees, activist, broadcaster, and writer
- Robin McAlpline, director of Common Weal
- Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader, Green Party
Conference fee: £30
Public roundtable only: £5
For more information and to register: http://willofthepeopleconference.wordpress.com