Date / time
Date(s) - 17 October - 13 March
Suffrage and Beyond: the afternoon talks programme of the Friends of The Women’s Library at LSE,
Autumn 2018 – Spring 2019
- 17 October 2018, David Doughan, ‘Women’s clubs in Britain 1850-1950’.
- 14 November 2018, Helen Langley, archivist and historian, ‘A narrative from the archives: the life of journalist and broadcaster Honor Balfour (1912-2001)’.
- 16 January 2019, Dr Sharon Thompson Senior Lecturer in Law, Cardiff University: ‘Edith Summerskill and the Married Women’s Association: Backstage Revolutionaries of Family Law’.
- 13 February 2019, Helen Kay, Edinburgh, ‘Chrystal Macmillan: Woman Suffrage and Beyond’.
- 13 March 2019, Dr Jane Grant, ‘Work in Progress: the campaigning lives of Emmeline and Frederick Pethick-Lawrence’.
Venue: Room 01 on the lower ground floor of LSE Library, 10 Portugal Street London WC2A 2HD
Time: 2. 30pm.
Please meet in the foyer at 2.15
Cost: £3 for Friends of the Women’s Library and £4 for non-members. Cheques made payable to: The Friends of the Women’s Library and sent to: Susan Pares, 86 Crescent Lane, London SW4 9PL
All are welcome, but booking is required as space is limited.It will be helpful to have an idea of numbers: replies may be sent to email@example.com
Non-members are requested to supply an email address if possible in case there is a need for us to contact them. Refreshments will be served.