Date / time
30 October - 11 December, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
This online seminar series, running every Friday (30 October-11 December 2020), uses the occasion of the 90th anniversary of Gandhi’s 1930 Salt March (Dandi Satyagraha) to present new research and findings on various aspects of salt in the history of modern India, both in the colonial period and since independence.
Please contact Miles Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the full programme and further details.
Convenors: Miles Taylor (University of York, UK) & Tanuja Kothiyal (Ambedkar University, Delhi, India)
- David Arnold (Warwick), Rachel Berger (Concordia),
- Kate Boehme (Leicester), Elisa Decourcy (ANU),
- Namrata Ganneri (SNDT College of Arts and SCB College of Commerce and Science for Women, Mumbai),
- Ashok Malhotra (QUB),
- Chandrakant Pandav (AIIMS, Delhi),
- Rosalind Parr (St Andrews),
- Indrajit Ray (Darjeeling),
- Nico Slate (Carnegie Mellon),
- Kapil Yadav (AIIMS, Delhi),
- Ashwin Zala (Gandhi Research Foundation)