Call for Applications, initial deadline – 16 January 2023 by 4 pm
We’re participating in an AHRC call for ECR postdoctoral fellowships in cultural and heritage institutions. Further details about the scheme here: https://www.ukri.org/opportunity/early-career-fellowships-in-cultural-and-heritage-institutions/
We are now looking for potential candidates and project ideas in the arts and humanities and welcome enquiries in particular (but not limited to) the topics of:
- Diversifying histories and narratives, uncovering underexplored collections and opening up opportunities for more inclusive engagement with heritage.
- Advancing how we conserve and curate our cultural infrastructure to serve the needs of future generations, including innovative applications of digital technologies, data, design thinking or creative methods.
- Improved understanding of the cultural heritage of plants and fungi, whether wild, garden or agricultural, to act as a resource for healthy, sustainable and prosperous places and communities. For example, climate change and food security are two current foci of research at Kew.
- The impact of nature on human well-being, explored through subjects within the AHRC remit.
We’d be grateful if you could circulate these details to possible candidates (or consider applying yourself, if relevant). This call is open to both UK and international candidates.
There are three stages in the application:
- Informal discussion with Kew to explore initial ideas. To set this up, please send a cv and short project summary (a few lines) to us at Kew and we’ll set up an online meeting. We expect to complete these initial conversations by early December so as to allow time for support in completing the EOI form (see below). Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Candidates make a formal Expression of Interest (EOI), with Kew as host, to the central scheme office, due 16 January 2023.
- 1 or 2 candidates then selected to make final application, due 30 March 2023.
- Successful candidates begin fellowships Nov-Dec 2023