Date / time
Date(s) - 20 June
2:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Annual Ecclesiastical History Conference at Oxford Brookes University on Thursday 20 June 2019.
- Professor Jan Stievermann, University of Heidelberg
- Dr Bryce Taylor, Brigham Young University
- Professor Owen Anderson, Arizona State University
Location: Harcourt Hill Campus, Oxford Brookes University, OX2 9AT
- 2.00 pm Professor Jan Stievermann, University of Heidelberg: Cotton Mather’s Biblical Politics of Religious Toleration.
- 2.45 pm Dr Bryce Taylor, Brigham Young University: Disseminating Ecclesiastical Authority: Common Sense, Biblical Exegesis, and Experience in Nineteenth-Century New England.
- 3.30 pm Tea
- 4.00 pm Dr Spencer W. McBride, LDS Church History Department: To Pray, or Not to Pray, for the King: Anglican Clergymen and Liturgical Politics in the American Revolution.
- 4.45 pm Professor Owen Anderson, Arizona State University: Charles Hodge returns from Germany: Pantheism, Piety, and the Knowledge of God.
- 5.30 pm Postgraduate Panel: Ryan Tobler, Harvard University (PhD student) Nonconformists: Puritan Emigration and the Problematics of English Worship; Jonathan Pike, University of Heidelberg (PhD student)God and Authority in the English Protestant Rationalists.
- 6.30 pm Buffet dinner
There is no charge for this event, but please confirm attendance by 1 June to the Administratorof the Oxford Centre for Methodism and Church History. Email: email@example.com or phone: 01865 488455
Directions to the campus can be found at https://www.brookes.ac.uk/about-brookes/contacts-maps-and-campuses/harcourt-hill-campus/
Further information at: https://ocmch.wordpress.com/events/