The IHR and British Group of Early American Historians (BGEAH) invite you to attend the 2nd annual Early American History conference for postgraduate researchers and early career academics working on any facet of American or Atlantic history from the seventeenth century through to the American Civil War, to discuss ideas amongst your peers and, where appropriate, to assess the current state of early American research in Britain.
London, with its unique colonial archival resources and lively research student population, is one of the leading centres of early American scholarship in Europe, and the IHR is a natural location for this event. The IHR Library’s North American Room houses one of the foremost UK collections of published material relating to the early history of the United States, Caribbean, and Canada.
- Gareth Hallett Davis (UCL)
- Rebecca Simon (KCL)
- Farrah Lawrence (UCL)
- William Raffle (University of Sheffield)
- Simon Middleton (University of Sheffield)
- Tom Rodgers (University of Portsmouth)
- Tim Lockley (University of Warwick)
- Jack Tracey (University of Kent)
- Misha Ewen (UCL)
- Hugh Roberts (University of Kent)
- Huw David (Rothermere American Institute)
- Pekka Hämäläinen (University of Oxford)
- Daniel Peart (QMUL)
For further information, conference programme and to register: http://www.history.ac.uk/events/event/7946