The Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies is pleased to announce the launching of a new annual essay competition in memory of Mrs. T.V. Haykin (1933–1975). The T.V. Haykin Essay Prize seeks to recognize and reward outstanding female researchers in Baptist history and thought.The T.V. Haykin Essay Prize aims to encourage submissions from female graduate and doctoral students from all over the globe and early career researchers who are within five years of obtaining their PhD. The essay will be on any topic related to the English Particular Baptist history and thought in the long eighteenth century (ca. 1689–1834). It should be around 5,000 words (including footnotes following the Chicago-Turabian style) in length. The editorial board of The Journal of Andrew Fuller Studies will review all submissions to select the T.V. Haykin Essay Prize winner.
The winner will receive:
- Publication of the winning essay in the Journal of Andrew Fuller Studies;
- $500 (Canadian currency) cash award
- Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 30, 2021.
- Entries submitted to the T.V. Haykin Essay Prize must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The winner of the T.V. Haykin Essay Prize will be required to prove their academic status.