1. Membership of the RHS allows individuals who are not Fellows of the Society but who have a professional involvement, teaching role or engagement with historical work to keep abreast of the Society’s activities and to benefit from many of the privileges of the Fellowship.
2. Postgraduate Membership is available to all those registered for a postgraduate research degree in a historical subject. Students may be registered at institutions within or outside the UK. You may only submit your application once your period of study has commenced.
3. Postgraduate Members automatically become Members after two years.
4. Individuals who are elected to the Membership of the Society may subsequently apply for election to the Fellowship. (Note: The privilege of using the title ‘FRHistS’ is restricted to Fellows only, and there is no equivalent title for Members.)
5. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year. They will be considered at the following meeting of the Membership Committee. The Committee’s recommendations pass for ratification to the Society’s Council. Applicants will be informed once a decision has been made.
6. Postgraduate Members benefit from a reduced annual subscription rate of £10 for the first two years rising to £30 in the third year. Subscriptions are payable on election. Please do not send payment with your application.
7. All enquiries about applying for election to the Postgraduate Membership should be addressed to the Administrative Secretary, Melanie Ransom, at: email@example.comApply now