The Wellcome Trust Discovery Research schemes offer an incredible opportunity for researchers from across the disciplinary spectrum. They provide the funding, time and flexibility to develop bold and creative research projects that help generate new understanding of life, health and wellbeing.
The Wellcome Trust seeks to understand the needs, values and priorities of the people and communities affected by disease. We want to make new discoveries about the social, ethical, cultural, political, economic and historical contexts of human health and disease.
The Trust therefore seeks social scientists and humanities scholars – working within those disciplines or in exciting new combinations with other fields – to apply with their bold and creative ideas. Recently funded projects include work on:
- exploring how Londoners, New Yorkers and Parisians experienced heat and its impact on their health
- reframing the concept of solidarity in global health
- exploring the moral terrains of green social prescribing
- understanding the cultural reception of medical developments related to alcohol in Ireland.
The Trust now invites applications for the following programmes; please follow the link for further details
- Early Career Awards: Early-Career Awards – Grant funding | Wellcome
- Career Development Awards: Career Development Awards – Grant funding | Wellcome
- Discovery Awards: Wellcome Discovery Awards | Grant funding | Wellcome
There are three deadlines throughout the year for applications for each scheme with the next application deadlines as follows: ECAs, 15 February 2024; CDAs, 11 April 2024; DAs, 16 April 2024.