This event will be held online.
The RSE-funded Second World War Studies Network (Scotland) aims to facilitate the discussion and exchange of ideas on the theme of the Second World War. In September 2021, we are hosting an expert round table discussing the original themes emerging from recent key texts in the field of Second World War British History.
Our invited authors are:
- Alan Allport, Britain at Bay: The Epic Story of the Second World War: 1938-1941, London: Profile Books Ltd., 2020
- Jonathan Fennell, Fighting the People’s War: the British and Commonwealth Armies and the Second World War, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019
- Lucy Noakes, Dying for the Nation : Death, Grief and Bereavement in Second World War Britain, Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2020
- Beryl Pong, British Literature and Culture in Second World Wartime: for the duration, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2020
- Daniel Todman, Britain’s War: A New World: 1942-1947, London: Allen Lane, 2020
- Wendy Webster, Mixing It : Diversity in World War Two Britain, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018
Dr Wendy Ugolini and Professor Toby Kelly – co-founders of the SWW Network – and Professor Jeremy Crang, will act as facilitators.
The round table will be taking place on Wednesday 8th September, from 3pm – 5pm BST, on Zoom. Please register via Eventbrite to receive access information. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/expert-round-table-on-second-world-war-britain-new-textsnew-themes-tickets-166195201321
For further information on the Network or to join the mailing list, please email Project Administrator Emma Forth at email@example.com