This webinar from the Mile End Institute, Raphael Samuel History Centre,and Modern British History Seminar will mark 50 years since the publication of Gareth Stedman Jones’ Outcast London: A Study in the Relationship ‘Between Classes in Victorian Society.
The event will feature a panel of experts whose research interests speak to the book’s themes, methods and politics.
Introduced by Nadia Valman and Chaired by Robert Saunders, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Sunil Amrith, Yale University
- Emma Griffin, President, Royal Historical Society, and University of East Anglia
- Thomas Jones, University of Buckingham
- Alastair Owens, Queen Mary, University of London
- Susan Pennybacker, University of North Carolina
- Rob Waters, Queen Mary, University of London
The webinar is scheduled for 6.30 pm on 8 December 2021. To register, please visit: us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register