Date / time
15 October - 16 October, All day
Landmarks 2015 is the second Heritage and History Conference organised by the £2.6m Heritage Lottery Fund supported Tees Transporter Bridge Visitor Experience Project. The Conference brings together those interested in the heritage and history of landmark structures, developments and events.
The two-day event (15-16th October) follows on from last year’s Victorian Cities Revisited Conference and marks the recent HLF-supported enhancement and refurbishment of the landmark Tees Transporter Bridge. This has included the installation of a glass viewing lift to the Bridge’s upper walkway, renovation of the gondola and the development of interpretation and visitor resources encompassing a new smartphone/device app, heritage trails, education activities and events.
Themes relating to ‘Landmarks’ include:
- The creation and history of landmarks
- The role of landmark structures, projects and events in wider local and national heritage
- Ways of accessing and understanding landmarks through new technologies
- The role of archives, libraries and museums in profiling and learning about landmarks
- Recording experiences and perceptions of iconic buildings, structures, events and projects
- The art, symbolism and visualisation of landmarks
- Contentious and disputed landmarks
- The celebration and conservation of landmarks