The Alexander Prize is awarded for a published scholarly journal article or an essay in a collective volume based upon original historical research. The value of the prize is £250. In addition to the monetary prize, winners are invited to submit another paper to the RHS Literary Directors within nine months of the award, with a view to publication in the RHS journal Transactions.
- Candidates must be doctoral students in History in a UK institution, or be within two years of having completed a doctorate in History in a UK institution, at the time of the closing date for entries.
- The article or essay submitted for consideration must have been published in a journal or edited collection during the calendar year 2017.
- Please note that an electronic copy of your article or essay will need to be uploaded to the entry form.
- The closing date for entries is 31 December 2017.
- The Prize will be announced at the Society’s Annual Reception in July 2018.